Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

2020 BMW 7 Series

I was all set to hate the controversial new grille on the 2020 BMW 7 Series.  People are frothing at the mouth in some areas of the internet, but I have to say, I'm kind of used to it already.


In my opinion (your experience may vary), they did a pretty good job incorporating it into the front fascia.  It curves up over the leading edge of the hood and doesn't jut out in weird way or look like the gates on a McMansion the way it does on the X7.



However, that weird, vertical strip behind the front wheel makes no sense at all and just clashes with the rest of the car.  It's like one of those fake stick-on fender vents from Pep Boys.

Maybe I was ready for this because I grew up in the 80s, a time when luxury cars were required by law to have massive chrome grilles.  The flashier, the better.



Who knows, maybe BMW will put a padded roof option on it.  That would be totally awesome, dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2020 Kia Telluride

The 2020 Kia Telluride SUV has arrived, two years after the concept.  It's pretty disappointing all around.  Where the concept had a mor...